What a year it has been for fashion and technology…
From wearables taking off with varying designer brands during fashion week, to the launch of new services like Apple Pay, the success of Alibaba’s IPO, discussion around visual search, the ongoing use of selfie campaigns and more, one thing after another has once again been making an impact in this space.
Below then, are 10 of the posts you loved the most on the relaunched F&M site this year. It’s an interesting exploration of subjects as varied as big data and viral videos, as well as the more gimmicky, yet PR-worthy role technology can often play. Think drones, Oculus Rift, the ALS #icebucketchallenge, and yet more on wearable tech.
Thank you for reading and see you in 2015!
- Fendi drones: tech for tech’s sake or smart #mfw move?
- Why Topshop is focusing on shoppers in-store with virtual reality #LFW experience
- Gap Inc‘s Art Peck talks digital disruption, aspirational brand expressions and enabling loyalty through relevance
- Luxury brands must shift from interruption to relevance, says Google
- Zappos piloting personal shopping service on Instagram with #nextootd
- How Hermès is winning with creative online content
- Unilever’s ‘All Things Hair’ provides stellar example of big data in action
- Forget Instagram: what has happened to fashion week commentary on Twitter?
- Asos, Topshop, Burberry, Net-a-Porter among fashion brands joining in ALS #icebucketchallenge
- Is this the first example of truly ‘beautiful’ wearable tech?